ASIST is a two-day workshop that provides practical training for caregivers seeking to prevent the immediate risk of suicide. Distress Centre hosts ASIST workshops throughout the year. Training dates below.
Participants in the workshop learn how to:
- Recognize invitations to help.
- Reach out and offer support.
- Review the risk of suicide.
- Apply a suicide intervention model.
- Link people with community resources
ASIST Training Dates
June 1 & 2, 2019
August 28 & 29, 2019
October 29 & 30, 2019
December 7 & 8, 2019
SafeTALK suicide alertness for EVERYONE
What is SafeTALK?
SafeTALK is a 3 hour workshop where you will learn:
- To be a suicide alert helper
- To be aware that opportunities to help a person with thoughts of suicide are sometimes missed, dismissed and avoided
- To use TALK steps (Tell, Ask, Listen and Keep Safe) and activate a suicide alert.
- How and where to connect persons with thoughts of suicide to further help and care.
SafeTalk Training Dates:
April 17, 2019
July 3, 2019
September 11, 2019